What is ActiveJ Serializer?
ActiveJ Serializer is the fastest Java serializer in the world. At the same time, it is
extremely powerful and features full support of Java subclasses, collections (including Maps), and also
specialized collections like HPPC.
ActiveJ Serializer is one of the ActiveJ technologies, but it has minimal third-party dependencies and can be used as a stand-alone component.
Why ActiveJ Serializer?
- Works directly with Java classes via annotations. No additional layers of intermediate DTO classes.
- Implemented using runtime bytecode generation to be compatible with dynamically created classes.
- Stable binary format with backward binary compatibility.
- Support of the scheme evolution: changeable versions, added or removed fields, etc.
- Can be easily extended - you can write your own plugins for specific classes.
- Includes special hints for even more efficient code: String formats, nullable, varlen, etc.
- Provides little endian format for JVM intrinsics.
- Support of unsafe mode for the best performance.
- Cyclic references of any complexity.
- UTF-8, UTF-16 and ISO8859-1 encoding.
- Compatible even with complex collections, generics and nullable values.
Convenient and powerful
We’ve measured ActiveJ Serializer performance using a well-known benchmark tool. All the results are represented as nanoseconds per operation (each operation consists of creation, serialization, and deserialization).
ActiveJ Serializer default mode - 559 ns/op
Colfer - 631 ns/op
Protostuff - 1187 ns/op
Dsl-json - 1238 ns/op
Kryo - 1398 ns/op
Protobuf - 1694 ns/op
Add ActiveJ Serializer to your project
These docs cover the most recent ActiveJ Serializer release v4.2 (see on GitHub or Maven ).
ActiveJ Serializer is one of the ActiveJ technologies that also include cloud solutions, lightning-fast bytecode generators, dependency injection and other advanced libraries that make up the ActiveJ platform. To learn more about ActiveJ, visit ActiveJ website.